Employer Health Costs Forecast To Accelerate In 2015
Hospice for profits lack oversight
Drug Discount Program Has Drugmakers Crying Foul
Information About January 2015 Proposed Rates For Health Plans on DC Health Link
The state of enrollment: Lessons learned in connecting Americans to coverage
Here are my notes from today's MHBE board meeting.
Maryland Health Benefit Exchange (MHBE)
Chair: Dr. Josh Sharfstein
1. The board approved Carolyn Quattrocki, as permanent Executive Director. She has been Interim Director for the past 8 months . Well deserved
2. MHBE is hiring, positions are posted, many close this week.
3. Secretary Fitzgerald reported on the status of the new computer based exchange system which adapts Connecticut’s system. They are currently on schedule. Informally, I was told the system would be ready by mid October. The board approved contracts to continue this work
4. The SHOP should be ready by the end of 2014. An RFP and RFA will be issued soon.
5. The board approved an extension of the call center contract to 8/31.
6. Staff reviewed enrollment progress, and new directions for this fall enrollment.
· Greater use of libraries, storefronts, brokers, tax prep services, gyms
· Community forums in Spanish