1) Center for Budget and Policy Priorities: Beyond the Basics Series
Special Enrollment Periods
Thursday, February 19, 2015
Presentation Slide Deck
Many of you are aware that a new special enrollment period (SEP) was announced today for people in states using the federally facilitated Marketplace (FFM) who have to pay the penalty for not having coverage when they file their taxes. The special enrollment period goes from , and consumers have to complete enrollment by April 30, 2015. We will update our material and provide more information on this new SEP and additional updates soon.
Additional resources on Beyond the Basics include:
Health Care Assister's Guide to Tax Rules
CBPP developed The Health Care Assister’s Guide to Tax Rules to familiarize people who are helping consumers apply for Medicaid, CHIP and premium tax credits with the tax rules that are applied in determining eligibility for these programs.
Key Facts You Need to Know About Health Reform
This collection of key facts explain in-depth topics related to health reform.
2) The Charts That Drugmakers Don’t Want You to See from AHIP
Drug prices have gone up greatly in 2014.
3) Half Of Obamacare Enrollees Must Pay Back Part Of Insurance Subsidies
4) Study: Electronic Health Records Lead To More Patient-Doctor
5) Enroll America: State of Enrollment report
Which messages motivated the uninsured to start the enrollment process.
- What tools and outreach strategies make consumers more likely to successfully enroll.
- Why year-round outreach is critical to enrollment success.
- How tax time is a prime opportunity to encourage enrollment.
- Where the uninsured rate has already fallen the farthest.