4) As reported by Congressional Healthbeat just now, House Energy and Commerce Committee has scheduled a hearing on ACA rollout. They have asked for Sebelius who has not accepted the invite yet as well as some of the info tech companies who worked on the site.
Education and Work
* University of Kentucky Ph.D., Social Psychology
* Carnegie- Mellon U.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services/DHHS
Retired as Senior Analyst
September 1979 - December 2005
• Directed development of Medicare home health outcome measurement system, a national model for health care quality assurance systems. Led to 25% reduction in hospitalizations.
• Directed evaluation of prenatal care project which led to major expansions in Medicaid prenatal care program resulting in the prevention of birth defects in over 70,000 infants and savings of at least $3 billion; 33% reduction in low birth weight
• Directed projects that resulted in annual savings of over $7 billion/year to the Medicare and Medicaid programs.
Currently involved in health reform, Safe Silver Spring, American Association of Individual Investors, other community organizations, jewish genealogy. For further details on community and professional activities, see http://healthreformaction.blogspot.com/2010/12/community-and-professional-activities.html