This issue focuses on Kaiser's tracking poll reaction to Supreme Court King vs Burwell case; but also has articles on Medicaid variations, Retiree benefits, Results-Focused Care; 9 million enrollees
1) From Kaiser Family Foundation: Health Tracking Poll. Lots of very useful information
Majority of Public Says Congress Should Act to Close Gaps if the Supreme Court Bars Financial Help for Purchasing Insurance in States Relying on healthcare.gov; Most in Potentially Affected States Want Their State To Set Up Its Own Marketplace if Needed
Here are a few key charts. Many more in the article.
The following is not surprising but bad news
2) The Goal Was Simplicity; Instead, There’s a Many-Headed Medicaid
3) Ruling Could Send More Retirees Seeking Coverage To Exchanges
4) The New York Times: Industry Group to Back Results-Focused Care
This complements what HHS just announced as its plans. I have long advocated for this.
5) More Than 9 Million Choose Obamacare in Latest Round - NBC
Report by a nearby neighbor